Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

OCFRD* and Searching for Obits

I've been searching again on my new favorite site Old Fulton Postcards  aka Fulton History. I LOVE this site. I've been looking for an obituary on Charles P., son of Frank P. and Carrie H. I didn't find one for him, but I did find a combined obituary and birth notice. The obituary was for Charles' maternal grandmother, Julia Farnsworth. The birth notice was for Charles' daughter. Julia died a few hours before the birth of her great-granddaughter at her grandson's house.

As many obituaries and birth notices that I've found over the years, this was a really weird first.


*Obsessive Compulsive Family Research Disorder


Copyright 2010, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment