Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Monday, March 29, 2010

2010 Census - ad nauseum - Sort of.

Sometimes something comes up in my daily reading that really makes me go "Oh yeah!"  Such was the case with the April 5, 2010 issue of Time Magazine's Q & A with census director, Robert Groves.  When asked how he applied his statistical smarts to hobbies, his answer was that he is a bit of a genealogist, and that all of us can use old censuses to do little neighborhood studies.

Remember, the 2010 census does not even ask where you were born. Hello? My descendants, should my kids ever 'get busy' will hopefully find us in Tennessee after we lived in Michigan all our lives. I left them a clue.

Copyright 2010, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment