Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

My Brick Wall Redux

On October 12, 2010 I blogged about the brick wall in my 6 generation chart here.  Since then I was able to break one of those brick walls in respect to the parents of my great-great grandmother, Elizabeth Carter Webb. That still leaves me with two major holes.

The first one actually starts in the 5th generation with the missing marriage date of Christian Kleesaat at Christine Wilhelmine Zabrack. And the births of their children, not to even mention her parents and birthplace. After all "Prussia" is sort of vague. I've definitely not found them in Mecklenberg-Schwerin, which is where Kleesaat was from.

The second one is the mother of Philomina Beckmeier (or Beckmeyer or Bergmeyer) Meyer, daughter of H. H. Beckmeier. I have a reference to a birthplace, but I've never found a record for her. I would hope if I ever do that I'd find out who her mother was. I'm also missing a death place and date for her father. And a name other than H. H.

So I keep plugging away at it.

On the hubby's side? Well, let's just say we only have half of his great-great-great grandparents. And some of  their information is incomplete. Again, I will keep working on it. There is always something to do.

Copyright 2010-2013, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment